CSB Home   |   About CSB   |   ✓ Check-In
Summer Work Travel Program
check in   

Program Resources

In this section, you can find various resources that can be helpful while in the United States. You can also refer to your handbook and browse our website for additional information. If you have any problems or questions while you are in the United States, you can always contact CSB.

Program Forms, Manuals and Letters


US Department of State

Back to top

Restoring Documents

Form DS-2010 Please contact CSB to issue a replacement.
I-94 Card
(Arrival-Departure Document)
Please contact USCIS for a replacement. You will need to fill in an application (Form I-102), pay the filling fee and file the application per the instructions.
Passport Please contact the nearest Consulate or Embassy of your country of citizenship for procedures and cost.
Social Security Card Please contact the nearest SSA office for a replacement. You will need to complete the application (Form SS-5), show the documents that prove your immigration status (Form DS-2019, Support Letter from CSB) and identity (passport copy with visa). There is no cost.

Back to top

Example of a budget sheet

While a participant in the program, you will be responsible to manage your money. It is a great idea to make a budget sheet so you can plan ahead and make sure you will cover all living expenses. An example is listed below.

Money I bring from home $
Salary (it may take up to 3 weeks for the first paycheck) $
  Total $
Housing deposit $
Rent $
Utilities (if not included in rent) $
Uniform $
Transportation $
Meals $
Entertainment $
  Total $
TOTAL (Income – Monthly Expenses) $

Back to top

US Measurement System

Back to top

Driving in the United States

If you wish to drive in the United States, you must be 18 years old or older and hold a driver's license from your home country or an International Driving Permit (IDP). If you do not have a driving license or you just want an American license as well, you may apply for one. You will be required to pass both a written and a vision test.

For more information, please visit the nearest Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV): www.dmvusa.com

Please note that each state has different rules hence please verify the law before you drive in the United States to avoid fines or vehicle impoundment. All car owners are required to purchase and maintain insurance.

Note: If you are stopped by a police officer:

Back to top

Maps and directions

Back to top

Important contact list

  • For life threatening emergencies in the United States, please always call 911 (nine-one-one)
  • You can trust the police officers in the United States. They are public servants and their job is to maintain law and order and to assist citizens and visitors in any difficult situation
  • Back to top